The windrow is the pile of snow that street plows leave at the bottom of driveways. For those with impairments, the City of Burlington offers a windrow clearance service.
The registration period has ended. The Windrow program has reached capacity.
How the service works
- Windrow clearing contractors are dispatched after all roadway plowing is completed
- Residents can expect windrows to be cleared within 36 hours after the snow stops falling and within 12 hours after all road plowing is completed
- Plowing services will run from November 15, 2021 to March 31, 2022
- This service does not include windrows left by sidewalk plows
- The program is restricted to 175 spaces and requires a non-refundable cost of $58.29 per driveway entrance for the whole season.
Prerequisites for the program
- You are a Burlington resident residing south of Dundas Street or inside the Alton community solely
- You are physically unable to remove your windrow(s) and there are no other able-bodied persons living at that address